Notice the windmill in the background of this image – a hint at the prominence of tulips in Dutch culture. Tulips are widely beloved, but perhaps never more so than in the Dutch Golden Age. In this period, nicknamed tulip mania, a single bulb could sell for ten times the annual income of a craftsman. In this tranquil scene, cheerful yellow tulips are brushed with wisps of red against a vivid blue sky.
- Swiss Made Mechanical movement “Luxe Execution”
- Automatic bidirectional winding
- 42-hour power reserve when fully wound
- Hour setting with second stop
- 25 jewels
- Custom decorations, Rhodium plated finish, Blue screws
- 28’800 vibrations per hour / 4 Hz
- Fine tuning: “Assortment Chronometer”, Average March (OH) +/- 4 s/j - s/d
- Shock protection: Incabloc
- Adjusted to five positions
- Material: German Surgical Stainless Steel “316L”, hypoallergenic and resistant to corrosion, for contact with the skin
- Diameter: 38.8 mm, height 10.2 mm
- Hand polished
- Curved Sapphire Crystal with anti reflective coating
- See-through Sapphire Crystal back
- Water-resistance: 50 metres
- Lug width: 20 mm
Optional Diamond Bezel
- 74 excellent cut diamonds
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.90 Cts
- Professionally set in German surgical stainless steel bezel
- Miniature enamel painting
- Each dial takes from seven to ten days of work by a master enameler
- Geneva Technique finish: multiple layers of clear enamel for a perfectly smooth protective coating and vivid colors
- 10 Firings at temperatures from 750° to 800°C
- Handmade 20 x 16 mm Alligator strap, manufactured in Italy
- Cut from the central part of the alligator hide with large, regular scales, giving the strap a special look
- Certified by CITES (the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora)
- Hides tanned using traditional natural methods without colourings, chrome, formaldehyde and pentachlorophenol, processed in compliance with current laws
- Alzavel hypoallergenic lining
- Hand painted edges with non-toxic paint
- With Quick Release Pin allowing for easy swap of the strap with no tools
- Hand polished stainless steel buckle engraved with Ématelier logo
Inspiration: Harmony Collection
Enamel painting lies at the juncture of science and fine art, a theme echoed by the botanically accurate floral designs adorning each Ématelier watch. A finished enamel dial is the product of immense technical proficiency married to an artist’s finesse. That is why enamelists, a rare, elite group of artisans, sit near the top of the watchmaker hierarchy.
Ématelier’s inaugural collection is designed specifically for women, featuring ten widely cherished flowers on intricate natural backdrops. By hand and fire, each work of art is conceived in enamel’s characteristically vivid hues. Layer by layer, the dials are painted under a microscope and fired in a kiln at temperatures exceeding 800 degrees Celsius. Each piece undergoes as many as ten successive firings.
Most enamel art can only be seen behind the glass of a display case. Ématelier pieces are thus not only lasting heirlooms but worthy conversation pieces – the products of an extraordinarily rare art form with a history stretching back more than sixty generations.
With fresh designs and a reverence for history, Ématelier proudly continues the tradition.