Unlike horses, the zebra’s closest relative, zebras are too wild to domesticate — though many foolhardy humans have tried. The zebra is thought to have developed its characteristic stripes for camouflage in tall African grasslands. Each zebra’s set of stripes is completely unique — just like a fingerprint, or an Ématelier timepiece. Here, the zebra peeks out from a vivid composition of greenery and flowers wrought in cloisonné enamel.
Technical Information: Luxury Watch with Cloisonné Enamel Dial
- Swiss Made Mechanical movement “Luxe Execution”
- Automatic bidirectional winding
- 42-hour power reserve when fully wound
- Hour setting with second stop
- 25 jewels
- Custom decorations, Rhodium plated finish, Blue screws
- 28’800 vibrations per hour / 4 Hz
- Fine tuning: “Assortment Chronometer”, Average March (OH) +/- 4 s/j - s/d
- Shock protection: Incabloc
- Adjusted to five positions
- Material: German Surgical Stainless Steel “316L”, hypoallergenic and resistant to corrosion, for contact with the skin
- Diameter: 38.8 mm, height 10.2 mm
- Hand polished.
- Curved Sapphire Crystal with anti reflective coating.
- See-through Sapphire Crystal back
- Water-resistance: 50 metres
- Lug width: 20 mm
Optional Diamond Bezel
- 74 excellent cut diamonds
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.90 Cts
Optional Diamond Lugs
- 32 excellent cut diamonds
- Total diamond weight approximately 0.40 Cts
- Cloisonné enamel
- Eight to eleven different enamel colors with 0.1 mm gold ribbon for partitions
- Length of the ribbon for partitions approximately 70 cm
- Each dial takes from eight to ten days of work by a master enameller
- Ten Firings at temperatures from 750° to 800°C
- Handmade 20 x 16 mm Alligator strap, manufactured in Italy
- Cut from the central part of the alligator hide with large, regular scales, giving the strap a special look
- Certified by CITES (the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora)
- Hides tanned using traditional natural methods without colourings, chrome, formaldehyde and pentachlorophenol, processed in compliance with current laws
- Alzavel hypoallergenic lining
- Hand painted edges with non-toxic paint
- With Quick Release Pin allowing for easy swap of the strap with no tools
- Hand polished stainless steel buckle engraved with Ématelier logo
Inspiration: Kingdom Collection
Rich colour that retains its pigment for millennia is the hallmark of enamel art. What better medium to capture the vibrant resplendency of the animal kingdom than enamel with an accent of gold cloisonné?
Cloisonné is the technique of bending fine wire into intricate shapes, forming the outline of a design that is then filled with several layers of vivid enamel paint. Like miniature painting on enamel, cloisonné is a rarefied technique, with deep roots in the ancient world and a small, elite group of skilled modern artisans.
The Kingdom Collection, Ématelier’s second offering, features five renditions of wild animals — the jaguar, zebra, giraffe, cockatoo, and lovebird. Botanically accurate floral designs surround each beast, echoing the theme of our inaugural collection, which likewise drew on the artistry inherent in the natural world.
By hand and fire, each timepiece is wrought with fine gold wire and up to ten layers of specially selected enamel paint. Completing a timepiece requires multiple firings in an 800 degree Celsius kiln and many hours of labour — a labour of love for the exclusive group of artisans that can boast proficiency in both cloisonné and enamel painting.